pdnMesh | Screenshots | Tutorial
pdnMesh is a program that can solve 2D potential
problems (Poisson Equation) and eigenvalue problems (Helmholtz Equation) using the Finite Element Method. Common applications occur in
electromagnetics, heat flow and fluid dynamics. It can solve problems using both Nodal Based Formulation and Edge Based (Vector) Formulation. The features of
the program are as follows.
- Automatic mesh generation according to given
- Adaptive and Interactive mesh refinement.
- Problem solution using Cholesky Decomposition or
Conjugate Gradient Method with sparse storage.
- Eigenvalue solution using LAPACK.
- (Optionally) Eigenvalue solution using QR iteration with shifts.
- (Optionally) Eigenvalue solution using ARPACK for very large eigenvalue problems using very little memory.
- Generating plots of contours, mesh and gradient on
- Generating Encapsulated Postscript plots of contours and
- Generating a data file of the mesh to be used by other
- Can import DXF files generated by CAD programs.
- GUI is avaibale with GTK/GTKGLExt for Unix like systems or MFC for MS Windows. Needs OpenGL.
Comments to: sarod_@_users.sf.net
Copyright © 2001-2005 Sarod Yatawatta
Mon Apr 25 23:27:18 PDT 2005